This is our new Bessie Universal airline coil; you can see a product image and view the technical drawings below. We also have detailed instructions on how to replace a damaged BESSIE Airline. This instructions are supplied with each airline.
New Bessie Universal Drawing
How to replace a damaged BESSIE Airline
Each Company will also get an instruction label to attached to the back of the cab on how to change the airlines.
- Switch off engine and apply handbreak.
- Trailer break must be applied.
- Disconnect Bessie airline at the driver’s end first.
- Unlock Bessie airline lock with key on driver’s key fob. Remove lock from coupling (lock will be attached to cab with chain to prevent loss).
- Disconnect Bessie airline at cab end and replace with spare of the correct colour that is carried in cab.
- Connect replacement Bessie airline at the cab end first.
- Replace lock and secure with key.
- Start engine and wait for air to build up pressure. Then replace airline to trailer.
- Store old Bessie airline for return to maintenance department upon return to base depot.
- Release the trailer break.
- Report to main depot that Bessie airline has been replaced.